HSS AGM & Conference - places filling fast!
The theme of the event is Hands on Humanism and we will be looking at how members can get involved in different activities across the country. From Good Together to HELL, from the Glasgow Tea Run to monthly meetings - there is something for everyone.
Most of us want to celebrate important events in our lives, such as new lives, committed relationships, and, very importantly, lives which have ended.
For those of us with no religious belief it is important that we can mark these occasions with personal ceremonies which celebrate the events.
HSS provides trained and registered celebrants who work to set standards and a code of conduct and can help you create the ceremony which is right for you and your family.
We aim to reflect the views of the millions of Scots who value secularism in public life – and who go on to agree with our Vision of a fair, progressive and open Scotland. We seek to influence public policy - not just in Scotland, but in the UK and internationally. We know that we are just one voice among many. We recognise that we have a right to be heard, but not a right to win the debate; and we ask that those who do not share our values recognise the same.
- Call to cut millions spent by NHS on religion
- Section 28-style bans on promoting homosexuality on the rise in UK schools, teachers say
- Humanists hit back in faith debate as Dominic Grieve calls them 'deluded'
- Holyrood unites for Margo MacDonald tribute
- Cameron Christianity claim: 'cynical, misguided and unwise'
Support for teachers, students and parents in order to develop critical thinking skills in our young people. There are:
- teaching materials suitable for all stages and individual study for senior pupils
- DVDs and class sets of books to be chosen from our reviews
- advice to parents and senior pupils who wish to opt out of RO and RE
- HSS AGM & Conference
April 26, 2014, 10:30 – 17:00, Station Hotel, Perth, PH2 8HE
- Edinburgh Monthly Meeting: Interfaith Debate - Ian Rodger v Alastair Stewart
May 5, 2014, 19:30 – 21:30,
- 12TH TO 15TH MAY - HELL - TWO DAY VISIT TO KIRKCUDBRIGHT
May 12, 2014, 02:00 – May 15, 2014, 02:00, The Selkirk Arms Hotel, Kirkcudbright